West Grange Church - West Grange Garth - Leeds - LS10 3AX - 0113 2716067
In the 1940’s the minister of Hunslet Baptist church lived on East Grange Drive. A new council estate was built opposite and members of Hunslet Baptist invited children to form a Sunday School. The work grew rapidly and the Rev. C Wooster asked for a smaller house and the manse became a mission of Hunslet Baptist which led eventually, May 1953, into East Grange Baptist Church.
Due to being inundated with Baptist Union material we became an independent fellowship. Yorkshire Baptist Association were gracious to us in allowing continued use of the former manse.
Across the main Road on West Grange Garth land became available to us. Through the guidance of God, sending a qualified building manager to lodge with a church member West Grange Church was built and opened in October 1968.
The new extension was added in 2012.